Fire Department Employment
Job applicants will be required to complete a written test and physical agility test. Those who are selected to continue in the selection process will be interviewed. The successful candidate(s) will be offered a job upon completion of an approved medical screening by a city designated physician.
Fire Department employees must comply with the following:
- Live within a reasonable distance of Parsons
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Sign an on duty tobacco-free form
- Obtain Firefighter I & II certifications
- Complete EMT certification
Individuals interested in employment with the Parsons Fire Department may obtain applications directly from Parsons Fire Station #1, 1819 Washington, Parsons, Kansas, or phone 620-421-7050 for more information.